Stewardship of the earth is one of Vincentian’s core values. Learn what you can do this month to care for the earth.
Every year since 1970, Earth Day has been celebrated on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Each year, more than 1 billion people in over 190 countries celebrate and observe Earth Day making it the largest secular observance in the world. You can learn more about the inspiring history of Earth Day by visiting www.earthday.org/history.
In honor of Earth Day, there are several events planned throughout Vincentian locations. Events are for residents and employees, and it is highly recommended that you participate if you can!
Wednesday, April 19th at Vincentian Home
- 10 a.m.: We will be planting cool weather veggies at the Personal Care raised garden beds.
- 1 p.m.: We will be crafting wildflower seed bombs.
Thursday, April 20th at Schenley Gardens
- 1 p.m.: There will be a recycling and waste reduction presentation and workshop. We highly encourage you to attend if you can!
- 2-3 p.m.: Clean up and planting will take place on patio.
Friday, April 21st at Vincentian Marian Manor
- 10 a.m.: Tree Planting.
- 1:30-2:30 p.m.: VCDC students and residents activity: students are crafting butterflies and residents are planting violets. They will exchange their creations with each other.
For more information on any of the events listed above, please contact Kat Sudiarta firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carpool or ride public transportation to reduce carbon emissions.
- Pick up litter in around the community.
- Scatter local wildflower seeds to help attract native bird life, pollinators, and local mammals.
- Use reusable bags when shopping to reduce plastic waste.