The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced revised dates and their intention to enforce the new compliance mandate for COVID-19 vaccinations for health care providers like Vincentian.
Vincentian is required to comply with this mandate to continue to receive Medicare and Medicaid funding – critical sources of revenue for our system.
Accordingly, Vincentian is proceeding with the implementation of a COVID-19 vaccine requirement for all employees and others who provide care or services at any Vincentian campus. This policy applies to employees at all Vincentian campuses, including child care, independent living, personal care, skilled nursing, and office buildings.
New Compliance Dates
- On or before January 27, 2022, all employees and others who provide care or services at any Vincentian campus will be required to have received the first dose of a primary COVID-19 vaccination or to have submitted a request for reasonable accommodations to Human Resources.
- By February 28, 2022, all employees and others who provide care or services at any Vincentian campus must complete the primary vaccination dose series or have received an approval from Human Resources for a medical or religious exemption accommodation.
Any individual who declines to be fully vaccinated or does not receive an approved medical or religious accommodation by February 28, 2022, is voluntarily terminating their employment with Vincentian and/or is prohibited from rendering care or services.
If You Are Fully Vaccinated
CMS guidelines require that Vincentian maintain records that prove our employees have been fully vaccinated. These will be kept in confidential files maintained separately from personnel files.
- If you are fully vaccinated and haven’t yet submitted a copy of your CDC vaccination card to your Human Resources generalist, please do so by January 27, 2022. Employees may bring their vaccination card to the Human Resources office or email/text a picture of the card to their Human Resources generalist.
- If you have also received a booster, please submit proof of your booster to Human Resources.
If You Have Not Yet Been Vaccinated
In order to continue employment with Vincentian, employees who have not yet been vaccinated must receive the first dose of a primary COVID-19 vaccination, request a reasonable accommodation or request an unpaid discretionary leave with the Human Resources department by January 27, 2022.
By February 28, 2022, employees must have completed the primary vaccination dose series, have received an approved medical or religious accommodation, or have received an approved unpaid discretionary leave and cease providing care or services.
- If you plan to receive the first dose of a primary COVID-19 vaccination series you must submit your CDC vaccination card to your Human Resources generalist by January 27, 2022, and again when the vaccination dose series has been completed (no later than February 28, 2022).
- If you have already submitted an accommodation request with Human Resources, there is no need to resubmit the request unless you have new information to provide. Human Resources will provide a response to the employee by February 28, 2022. Accommodation request forms can be obtained from Human Resources.
Where To Get a Vaccine
Vaccines are available free of charge at a variety of retail and pharmacy outlets. Visit https://www.vaccines.gov/ for a full list of vaccination locations. Vaccines may also be available at employees’ Vincentian worksite. Contact your Human Resources generalist for more information.
For More Information
If you have questions about Vincentian’s COVID-19 Vaccine Policy, please contact your Human Resources generalist or Administrator / Director with any questions. The full policy can be accessed on any Vincentian computer by clicking on the VCS Policies icon and navigating to the Safety & Health folder, Policy Number 547.