The new year offers a chance for a fresh start, an opportunity to break a habit, make a change or learn a new skill. According to Henry Ford, you’re never too old to learn. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at 20 or 80. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young,” he said.
Here’s a collection of quotes from people aged 5 to 95 about what they’ve learned in their lives that you can take with you into 2022.
I’ve Learned That…
- the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
- when you are in love, it shows.
- just one person saying to me, ‘You’ve made my day!’ makes my day.
- having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
- being kind is more important than being right.
- you should never say no to a gift from a child, a family member, or a friend.
- I can always pray for someone when I don’t have the strength to help him in some other way.
- sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.
- life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
- we should be glad God doesn’t give us everything we ask for.
- money doesn’t buy class.
- it’s those small daily moments that make life so spectacular.
- under everyone’s hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.
- the Lord didn’t do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?
- to ignore the facts doesn’t change the facts.
- when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.
- love, not time, heals all wounds.
- everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.
- opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
- when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.
- we should keep our words both soft and tender, because tomorrow we mayhave to eat them.
- a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.
- I can’t choose how I feel, but I can choose my reaction.
- everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you are climbing it.
- the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.
- the best things in life are free!
- it is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.
“Live and Learn and Pass It On,” by H. Jackson Brown