Beginning January 1, 2022, Vincentian will become entirely smoke and tobacco-free. This means smoking and the use of all tobacco products will no longer be permitted on any property owned or controlled by Vincentian. This includes all interior buildings, outdoor areas and sidewalks, and parking lots. Vincentian will no longer have designated smoking areas on its properties.
We’re making this change because Vincentian is committed to providing our employees, residents, and visitors with a clean, healthy, productive and safe environment.
This change applies to anyone who works at Vincentian, including employees, volunteers, students, contractors, agency personnel and vendors. In addition, the use of tobacco products by residents and visitors will not be permitted on Vincentian properties.
Click here to read a list of Frequently Asked Questions about Tobacco-Free at Vincentian.
Resources To Help You Quit
Vincentian wants to help employees quit smoking and tobacco use. Download this tobacco-cessation resourcestoolkit, which includes the following information:
For UPMC Health Plan Members and Vincentian’s Wellness-only Members
- UPMC MyHealth Ready to Quit – Health Coaching/Cessation Counseling
- Quit Tobacco MyHealth Assistant
- Tobacco Cessation Medicines
- LifeSolutions, Vincentian’s Employee Assistance Program
Fact Sheets for More Information
- Thinking About Quitting Smoking?
- Ready to Make a Healthy Lifestyle Change? A Health Coach Can Help
- Is the Nicotine Patch Right for Me?
- Can Nicotine Gum or Nicotine Lozenges Help Me Quit Smoking?
- Is Chantix Right For Me?
- Is Zyban Right For Me?
- Raising a Toast to Tobacco Cessation
- Text Message Support Tool at Your Fingertips!
Public Tobacco-Cessation Resources
Here are additional free public resources that can also help you quit smoking:
- Pennsylvania Free Quitline:
The PA Free Quitline service is safe, secure, and easy-to-use.
- Up to five coaching sessions by phone.
- Limitless calls to the PA Free Quitline as needed.
- Education material about quitting tobacco use.
- Free Nicotine Replacement Therapy for qualified callers (up to eight weeks of patches).
Call 1-800-784-8669 (QUIT-NOW) or visit https://pa.quitlogix.org/en-US/.
- gov: Find support, tips, tools, and expert advice to help you or someone you love quit smoking. Visit www.smokefree.gov.
- UPMC Health Library: Learn how smoking and tobacco use impacts your health and how to quit at the UPMC Health Library.
- Smoking and Tobacco Use, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Tobacco Cessation, American Lung Association