In the last issue of Spark, we explained the Vincentian value of Spirituality. We follow Jesus’ healing mission to not only care for physical affliction, but to touch people at the deepest level of their existence, and seek to heal physically, mentally and spiritually.
Here are a few ways we can put that value into action.
- Allow God’s love to radiate to the residents and your fellow employees in the way you interact with them.
- Be attentive to a resident’s desire to attend religious services by having them dressed and ready in time.
- Be sensitive and leave positive television programs on for the residents, or a soft music channel.
- Offer kind words or prayer with residents in distress. Contact the Pastoral Care office when needed.
- Be sensitive to the spiritual needs of residents who are dying, and to their family members.
- Participate in the Final Farewell of a resident on your community who has died.
- Offer encouraging words to your fellow employees. We are all in this together for the good of the residents. So let us support each other by helping each other whenever and wherever we can.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
The year 2021 is dedicated to St. Joseph. Here is a prayer that you may want to pray to him:
Most glorious St. Joseph, virginal spouse of the Immaculate Mother of God, our loving Patron, remember that it has never been known that anyone invoked your help or solicited your protection without obtaining relief. Encouraged by this assurance, we commend our souls and bodies, our temporal and eternal interests to your powerful protection. O adopted father of the eternal Son, despise not this appeal, but listen to our prayer and plead for our necessities. Amen.